Monday 10 November 2008

Challenge 36: Snowmen

Hi Crafters! Thanks for joining us this week - the theme we have chosen this week is a festive one! We would like to see your 'Snowmen' or women if you want to be politically correct!

The Design Team have been busy and have some examples for you below, but first things first we have the results of last week's prize draw!


Congratulations to Claire - Claire's Crafty Corner on being drawn for the fantastic prize of the stamps from Crafty Individuals.

Please EMail your details to mytimetocraftchallenge@hotmail.co.uk and we will get your prize to you. Please note that it may be a couple of weeks because the team member in charge of this is currently away.

Now onto this weeks example cards!

Jo, Fifi, Lesley, Becky, Kate & Wendy





CARD
For my card I stamped my Snowman and coloured him with Pro Markers. I matted the image onto gold mirri card and placed this onto embossed card. I added a ribbon, sentiment and decorative corners.





CARD
I stamped Linda Luckin's scenery stamp in dark walnut Marvey heritage ink. Then on some Acetate I stamped Linda' snowman in black Stazon - he was then coloured in with dazzling diamond glitter and turquoise glitter. I then stamped the snowman onto the card with the brown ink pad and cut and stuck the glittered snowman. Dazzling diamonds were then added as snow to the background.




CARD
I covered a six inch square card with co-ordinating papers. I stamped the snow lady in black and water coloured it, then applied clear gloss over the top. I cut around the image and mounted onto silver card, attached three faux brads and placed on the base card. I die cut a swirl in silver, highlighted it in blue and attached this to the card as a finishing touch.




CARD
I stamped my Snuggle Up Snowman stamp by Lindsay Mason twice, water coloured them and cut them out. I embossed some white card with a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the snow and used some star paper for the sky, mounting the snowmen to the card with 3D foam pads. Finally I stamped a message and mounted the whole thing on some blue foiled paper and added glitter glue for that sparkly look.




CARD
For my card I have added some Anita's Classic Christmas paper to a six inch square card. I cut two circles out in red and white card and embossed the white card with the Cuttlebug Snowflake embossing folder. I thread some red satin ribbon through the circles and around the back of the layers, tying in a bow at the side. My stamped image is one from High Hopes and I have coloured him with water colours mounting with 3D foam pads. Embellished with some brads and a gold peel-off snowflake.

51 comments:

Bakinghandz said...

hi, very interesting challenge :-) i love snowman though i live in sunny singapore
here's mine - http://craftyfingerz.blogspot.com

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gayle's Art

Anonymous said...

Here are my cards. Thanks for looking.

Annie said...

Fantastic examples this week - what totally different snowpeople you all came up with.

I've used clipart for mine but may do some stamping later.
http://www.mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

Ann xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A great excuse to use new stamps! Look forward to seeing all the different snow poeple!

http://craftblog.craftybutterfly.co.uk/2008/11/lets-see-your-snow-people.html

Rainbow Lady said...

Here at last is my entry for this week. Thanks for looking Love Cynthia x

http://rainbowladyscraftyblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/salty-snowman.html

Wendy said...

Great DT cards

Here's mine

Thea said...

HI, thanks for a great challenge.
Here is my entry.
Thanks for looking.

Greetings, THEA

mueppi said...

Great DT-cards!!!!!
here is my snowmen
Thanks for looking!
Hugs Gisela

a portland granny said...

The sample cards are wonderful. I love each of them.

I made one this morning which is on my blog.

Thanks

Bubbles said...

How fab I have made 2 snowman cards today!! Great DT examples
My cards are here

Joanne x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic DT´s and theme ladies!
Here is my card:

Card

Hugs
Tina

gailscraftyplace said...

Love this weeks subject, fab cards from DT. Here's mine for this week :)

Jenny said...

Ich liebe Schneemänner und hier ist meine
Karte

Tulpika said...

Such a lovely challenge, and the DT cards too cute :)
I've also used my new stamp and you can find my card here.

Kind regards from Slovenia!

Nicki said...

My little snowman is here - hope you like him.

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody!

So lovely cards here!

Here´s my card from Finland:

Hope you like it!

Joey said...

Hi everyone. Gorgeous dt cards,I love snowmen! mine is here:-

mycard

thanks for looking.xxx

craft mad Jenny said...

Just a quick one from me - short of time, again!
Click here for mine.

Wendi said...

Fabulous DT Cards
Here's mine
http://oohlalacraftyblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi girls. A great challenge this week. Here hopefully is the link to my card! my card
Thanks for looking.xx

Sue said...

Hi everyone
lovely DT cards, great challenge. Mine is here
mycard

Thanks for looking. sue.

crafty creations said...

Hi and here's mine for this week

http://inkythings.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-time-to-craft-snowman.html

AngelaC said...

Love all your examples! I've made a skinny and you can see it here:
my blog

nessy said...

oh who doesn`t like to mke a card with a snowman?? great cards girls
here is my card
thanks for looking
vanessa xx

Beryl K said...

The DT's cards are fabulous. My card is Here
Beryl x

Sian said...

Great challenge and wonderful DT creations.

Mine is on my blog Here

Denise said...

great challenge and some super snowmen, they never look like that in my garden.....here is my entry:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-time-to-craft-challenge-snowmen.html

Rachael said...

Love the DT cards and a great challenge! I have posted my card onot my blog at
http://handmadebyrt.blogspot.com

and its posted as "snow ride!!"

Hope you like it!! thanks rachael xx

Heide said...

Ohhhhhhh...I love snowmen!

I really had to take part on this Challenge! Here's my card.

Thanks for looking!

Hugs

Heide

Sandra said...

Hi,great theme this week and lovely DT cards,thanks for the challenge,
Sandra x

My card is here TFL

Happy Crafter said...

Hi, Great challenge love snowmen fab cards from the DT's :)
Here is my entry.
Thanks for looking.
Val xxx

Mrs Wonka said...

Fab cards.......

Here's my card

Mrs Wonka x

Leslie said...

Ok, I did it, I found a very cute stamp and had a lot of fun with it. Hope you like it. Thanks for looking. Leslie
Here is my card

Cazzy said...

To be more politically correct it should be snow person or snow people.

Will try to join in if I am not too late.

Laters....Cazzy

Beryl said...

I'm glad to be back entering the challenges afgain. Here's my card for the 'snowman' challenge.
http://wlpandivascraft.blogspot.com/2008/11/snow-people-for-mttc.html
Beryl xx

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Hi! This challenge is awesome. I´m entering for the first time here, so here is my snowman for you.

x Natasha x

Sally said...

Hi, Great challenge, felling rather festive now! lol.
Heres mine.
Sally. x
http://apinksunshine.blogspot.com/2008/11/triple-challenge.html

Julie.G said...

I love using snowmen....great challenge.....Here is mine...http://creationsbyjulie.blogspot.com/2008/11/snowmen.html

Rima said...

I had a lot of fun with this challenge, you can see my card on my blog Be Jolly

x
Rima

Victoria said...

I adore snowmen so this was a pleasure for me to do! Great DT cards. I have upoaded my card to my blog. Here is the link:

http://cuddlycards.blogspot.com/2008/11/three-snowmen-for-three-challenges.html

Vicky x

Anonymous said...

Nice challenge blog, I just found it, and the theme is so great, that I just have to try it.
Here is my card.
Hugs Ivi

Anne H. said...

Hello!
Lovely cards from the DT!

Here is my snowman:
http://anneslillehobbykrok.blogspot.com/2008/11/julekort_16.html

Liz McGuire, said...

Here is my card for this weeks great challenge. All the DT cards are fab!

Thanks for looking, X

Sarah C said...

Gorgeous cards and a great challenge. Thank you

My tag is here

Caro said...

I am new to this challenge site and discovered it through a friend. Great challenge and I love the DT cards. Mine is on my blog: http://carocrafts.blogspot.com/2008/11/challenge-weekend.html
Caro
x

Lesley said...

Caro - I can't seem to access your blog to thank you for doing our challenge!

Adele said...

A last minute effort from me I am afraid-but another card off my to do list! Thank you for the inspiration.

love Dingle.xx

Here is my card.

Jac’s Playground said...

Lovely festive challenge, fabby cards by the DT. My card is here TFL

Claire Mackaness said...

Heres one my mum wants to enter. I run her blog for her so it looks like I'm posting LOL!!!

Lindsay Mason said...

Hello ladies! I have just "tagged" you all - see my blog for details. Great cards and great challenges too. Lindsay